Anderson is a city and county seat of Grimes County, Texas, United States. The population was 222 as of the 2010 census. The town and its surroundings are listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the Anderson Historic District. The town is named for Kenneth Lewis Anderson, a vice-president of the Republic of Texas, who died here at the Fanthorp Inn in 1845.
Camden was a company town begun by the W. T. Carter & Brother lumber company in the early 1900s. Virtually all the housing was built by the company and was rented by the company to its employees. After the sale of the company to Champion Paper in the late 1960s, all the public buildings and housing except those owned by Carter Heirs were sold and moved. At the time of sale it was one of the last company towns in Texas. The Camden School District was merged into the Corrigan School District with a new name of Corrigan-Camden School District. By the early 1970s all that was left was a post office, Champion company offices and a few vacation homes owned by Carters.
There is a theory that some early Carters were familiar with Camden, Maine, and that is the origin of the name of this Camden.
Please loosen your filter criteria and search again.
Searching for an MLS number? Try adding a "#" to the front of the number.